WOW! I can’t believe it’s that time of year again…school time!!!
For the last 6 years I have had to privilege of being with my children each and everyday. While some days were awesome and some were not so great, I loved it!
My children are so special and I felt God was calling us to homeschool and be together.
After moving to Canada last year we continued to homeschool and had a year of mixed emotions. Gator and Buddy did the work presented and continued to grow and learn, but our time with friends was far a few between. The home school community is very different here and we had an awful time making it work.
After MUCH prayer we felt God was placing it on our hearts to put the children in school. While I would have loved to find a hybrid school they are non-exsistenct in this area, so we searched for a Christian school and found Maple Ridge Christian School.
Today is the fist day and here they are…..
Buddy is starting 10th grade and Gator is starting 7th….How did my babies get this big? hehe 🙂
I gave them each a can of 7*UP with this note attached……
ways to start your new year of school
1. Wake Up- Decide to have a good day. “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice
and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up- The best way to dress is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
3. Shush Up- Say nice things and learn to listen. “Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.” Proverbs 19:20
4. Stand Up- For what you believe in! Stand for something or you will fall for anything.
5. Look Up- To the Lord. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up- For something higher. As Jiminy Cricket sings “High Hopes” always try to better yourself.
7. Lift Up- Your prayers. Do not worry about anything: instead
PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.
(I also made enough for all of Gators class…I think her teacher was surprised and happy! If you want a copy that is super cute with graphics email me.)
We are prayerful that God is watching them and will make this one amazing year!
Grace and Peace,